Wednesday, May 30, 2007

NYC

This weekend, Dan and I drove to New York for a get-away and to see our college peeps.
We had a nice time. Although museums make me want to take a nap, we went to the MET. As much as I like the paintings, the coolest part was the knights' armor, followed by the furnature, followed by the mummies.




I also got to hang out with Lucie and Laurie. We went to Spumoni Garden in Brooklyn for some pizza. The sauce is on top! But it's pretty tasty. I felt like you could roll me down a hill afterward, but it was worth it. Next, since Laurie is the most squeemish person I have ever met, we decided to drag her into a sex toy shop.







And of course, since Dan's aunt's apartment is about a block away from the Dakota (where John Lennon lived) I had to take pictures and go across the street to the park and visit his memorial. There I met a hippie named Gary who puts flowers on the Imagine mosaic everyday and has for the last 14 years. It's not often some tells me something about the Beatles that I don't already know, but Gary managed to and therefore impressed me. Apparently Yoko Ono owns the whole top two floors of the Dakota. Around the top is Black wrot iron. There are 2 windows that do not have it, and that is the White Room, with his famous white piano.







My favorite event of the weekend, however, was making an ass of myself in front of Ice-T the rapper and his boob-tastic wife Coco. I was in FAO Schwartz looking at a display of the Nightmare Before Christmas toys, when Dan said "look over there". I turned my head and all I saw was MASSIVE fake boobs, then suddenly the whole display of toy coffins comes crashing down on my head. After I put the coffins back and regained composure, Dan said "did you see that?" and I said "yeah those boobs were ENORMOUS!" he said "but that was Ice-T and his wife! I turned around, and yes, they were laughing at me! AWESOME

1 comment:

Lucie said...

LOVE IT! I'll tell Laurie to check it out also!