Thursday, May 17, 2007

the last 5 years

in about 2 days, it will be the exact 5 year anniversary of my college graduation. i'm almost positive may 19 is the date....but anyway, it's been 5 years so i thought it would be a good chance to reflect on some of the things i've done/accomplished in no particular order

got a driver's license
owned 2 different cars (2 different gray jettas)
crashed each of those cars
this month is also the 2 year anniversary of my last crash
held 3 different desk jobs (modern continental, john hancock, morgan stanley)
had the same job for 3 years (morgan stanley)
got my first christmas bonus
moved to another state
learned to navigate a new city
moved in with my boyfriend
left behind a terrible boyfriend
lost 30 lbs (re-gained it and re-lost some of it)
got an apartment with friends
went to puerto rico twice
got 1 tattoo in san francisco (accompanied by infant annabelle)
pierced my tongue (and removed it)
pierced my belly button (and removed it)
pierced my nose (removed it and re-pierced it)
voted in 2 different states (MA and VA)

OK i can't really think of anything else noteworthy at the moment. some of those things are big (moving and losing weight) some are silly (the fender benders) and some are pointless (like the tongue ring) but i hope to do some bigger and better things in the next 5 years, such as...

buying a house
getting married
running without getting winded
losing more weight
getting a passport
actually using that passport
buying a dog
getting a good raise or getting a new job that offers more
getting a masters
paying off the rest of my credit cards
buying a new car

OK that should be it for now! wish me luck in the next 5 years :-)

2 comments:

Jen said...

Good Luck!!

Lucie said...

Well I thought we graduated on the 20th....

In the last 5 years I have, lost lots of weight too.. (since you told my fat ass to go to weight watchers while walking to the bus near your house in Watertown.... ) I have gotten a Masters, Lived in 4 different apartments in NYC, Been a teacher, Came out as a lesbian, visited Puerto rico once, chopped all of my hair off to accomplish the ever trendy and dykey Faux Hawk and managed to go yet another half decade without having to drive.

Whoa what a rush.... 4 days until Avenue Q!

Can't wait to see you!