So, I've neglected this blog for one whole entire year. They blocked it at work, but I found a loophole through a link, so here goes. My post from almost exactly 2 years ago had some goals in it and I've decided to check in on them and make some new ones
And the goals for 08 were:
1. Update the blog regularly - I never think what I do is exciting, but someone might, right? I should also put pictures on it. Which brings me to.... this clearly was an epic fail
2. Take pictures - I have a camera for a reason, but I don't take many pictures anymore. I should also find a sight to host them too. well my old camera's batteries would die within an hour of replacing them so picture taking was curtailed. i've recently got a fancy new camera, which i love. so now i need to be more diligent about posting them.
3. Get in shape - I plan to get a personal trainer with my year end bonus money. Hopefully this will work! I've already spoken to the guy and we are going to set up a schedule after the new year. Ever since high school (which is now officially 10 years ago) my body has been in miserable shape. No matter what whether my weight is up or down, none of it is ever muscle. this i actually did. it was really good but too expensive to keep up.
4. Run a marathon - I've never been much of a runner, but if # 3 works out, # 4 should be less hard. check one off the bucket list. i ran a marathon. 11/14/09 in richmond VA
5. Eat less candy - I'm a sucker for sweets like hard candy, skittles, twizlers, etc. there is a bag of salt water taffy on my desk
6. Eat fish - the smell bothers me, so I refuse to eat it. I don't like the mushy texture. I hear it can be tasty and good for you, so maybe I should give it a whirl! just no.
7. Get my licenses - my financial licenses, that is. I have the series 7 test scheduled for february, so we'll see what happens from there didn't pass the series 7, but that's OK. i realize that i don't want to be in finance anyway. this leads to another goal
8. Visit a place that requires a passport - it's been 27 years and I have yet to travel abroad. Maybe this will be the year! not exactly yet, but i have tickets in hand to go to Sweden/Germany and possibly do a side trip to England scheduled for February
The new '10 goals for the new decade will be:
1. Go to another continent, not Europe. Some day, I would like to visit every habitable continent with Antarctica as a stretch goal. That can be a decade goal. I can't imagine doing that in one year.
2. Run a marathon with a time goal. Last one I "just" finished. Meaning I had crossing the finish line alive in mind. It took 5 hours 30 minutes. I'd like to get it down to 4 hours 30 minutes. Difficult, but not impossible. Still an hour too slow to qualify for Boston.
3. Lose that last pesky 20 pounds. Last year I lost 20 pounds. I'd like to lose another 15 or 20. It would probably help with goal 3.
4. Get into law school. I'm taking the LSAT in February, so if I can get into school that would be very nice.
5. Save some money. Like a significant amount. For what? I don't know. Probably that non-Europe trip I would like to take.
6. Eat out less. I have a feeling that this would help with both goals 3 and 5. For some reason, I have it in my head that Friday and Saturday night are for eating out. Even if it's nothing special. Maybe I should learn to cook more things and make it special that way.
So, That's it for now! Hopefully I will check in before one year from now