Friday, January 19, 2007

lack of wisdom

today, i got my final 2 wisdom teeth out. a few years ago, i had my top two out. it was a pretty bad experience. i was supposed to have all 4 out, but i screamed and cried a A LOT and we had to stop.
fast forward to a few months ago, i had a regular dental checkup and found out that i needed 2 root canals. the wisdom teeth were pushing on my back teeth which caused bad cavities. so i had the root canals before the new year (they weren't as bad as everyone says) and today i've had the wisdom teeth out. my last step is to get a cap on the root canal-ed tooth. i don't think that should be too bad. the dentist has to take a mold of my teeth then pop the cap on. easy enough.
but i must say...the wisdom teeth is much worse than the root canal! but today, i am proud to say, i was very brave (unlike last time). no tears, no screams, and i was even awake the whole time.

as of right now, the vicodin is in effect, so i feel OK and i was able to eat some pudding.


anyway, i have a shift at J Crew on sunday for the first time since before Christmas. apparently they've been very slow. no one buys clothes in january. go figure. i will be home to watch the end of the patriots game. since living down here, i've started to like football again. i remember being in kindergarten and wanting to be the first girl on the patriots. now i realize that wouldn't have been such a good career choice. who wants to be pummeled by a bunch of 300 lb men?

1 comment:

Lucie said...

I remember getting my Wisdom Tooth out Pioneer Weekend Freshmen year and it was not a bad experience at all.... I'm so proud you took it like a man... cuz I was knocked the hell out! All I can say is... Vicodin... VING VING VING