Thursday, June 15, 2006

Challenge!

So, I've gained a bit of weight since I moved here. Actually I gained a bit of weight before too. I got sick of it and decided to join Jenny Craig. It's actually not bad at all. I'm not famished all the time and the food is decent. Some of it is actually good.

Today...I had my first major chanllenge! My office brought in PF Chang's for lunch. They had rice and lo mein and general gao's, lettuce wraps. All sorts of stuff that was not the best for you. I really really wanted some lo mein. It's just so good. Food, I guess, is my crack. I was able to resist though, they had a steamed veggie platter, so I had some of that and my small Jenny's turkey burger and Jenny popcorn. *sigh* I'm pleased that I was able to resist. Usually the first challenge is the hardest. I can do it! I can be bathing suit ready by the end of the summer...

Actually, that's partially what I was hoping for. My 2 year anniversary with Dan is in September (it's been that long already? Yes). Perhaps we can go away somewhere sunny.

In other news, I am currently watching the world cup of soccer. England vs. Trinidad and Tobago! Tied 0-0

2 comments:

Jen said...

Way to go Kris... You can do it, Jenny! Jenny!!! Jenny!!!!! (that's me being enthusiastic about Jenny Craig). Just say NO (to the cakes).

Anonymous said...

Isn't it a curse ??? I think it's the curse of Auntie Katie. We can all blame her, because she's not around to defend herself !!
With your determination and will you will be "Svelte and Gorgeous" by your 2nd Anniversary with Dan !!!
Keep up the good work. The end result will taste far better than a plate of Lo Mein !!!