Thursday, November 02, 2006

Reston, VA

today I'm writing from lovely Reston, VA, home of Morgan Stanley's smaller office in the area. This office is relatively quiet.
This office is further away than the one I usually work in. I left the house at 7:30, but did not get there until 9:00 today. This morning I also got pulled over. Not for speeding, not for going through a red light or changing lanes without signaling. I got pulled over for my plates!!! So apparently my Massachusetts plates expired 2 months ago and I need to get Virginia ones. They give me 5 days to get new plates before I get in trouble. I forgot to ask if Sunday counts since the DMV is not open!
Reston sure is a pain in the butt to get to. I have to travel on the same bumper to bumper highway that I take to get to my regular site, go past that and get on another highway where there are 2 tolls in my shorter ride. There is a toll to get on and a toll to get off. I'm not sure why, it doesn't make sense. Why not pay a dollar once instead of 50 cents twice? or if it's different for distances, why not do the ticket at the begining and pay at the end? the 2 tolls really messes with the traffic!

So it is post-Halloween and there is candy EVERYWHERE. it's hard to resist since I like candy so much. I'll admit I've had a few peices here and there. I wish it was all stuff I don't like so I wouldn't be tempted!

No comments: