Tuesday, April 25, 2006

My new hobby of Origami

A few weeks ago, when we went to visit the cherry blossoms, we also visited the exhibit of a Japanese artist named Hokusai at the Sackler museum. Hokusai was the guy who painted "The Wave". Anyway, that museum is the Asian art museum and in the gift shop I found some Origami books.

I didn't buy a book at first, I just looked up some diagrams on the internet. After successfully making 3 different birds and a pig, I decided to buy a book and some pretty paper. In Dan's absence I needed something to do besides watch TV. So far, I've really only made those birds and the pig. It's harder than it looks. I've tried to make a bear, but I get stuck. Hopefully I can figure it out. It's pretty neat. I of course use plain paper until I get it right, but it looks like I may be stuck with the easy birds and the pig. I do like the pig, it's cute and I had some pink paper for it.

Unfortunately Dan has the camera in China, so I can't take any pictures of my projects, but I will be sure to post them when my camera returns.

No comments: