Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Mardi Gras!

I am listening to the news about Mardi Gras in New Orleans. They're wondering if it's a good idea since they city is still in shambles. Well I think it's a good idea. They need business in that city and they also need to have some happy times.
But...in the spirit of Mardi Gras, the whole purpose is to indulge before lent. I haven't really given anything up for lent successfully in a couple years. In the past it's been stuff like soda, chocolate, pastries from Starbucks. This year I've decided to give up shopping/buying stuff. Of course I'll have to buy things like food, hygene products like soap, gas for my car, etc. I'm really talking about things I don't need like a new shirt, sunglasses, shoes, books, makeup etc. No shopping for myself until after Easter.
So if I'm going to follow this, today is my day to indulge. I have to buy Dan a birthday present today since his b-day is thursday, I may just pick myself up something small too!

No comments: