Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Here in VA

Here I am in, still at Morgan Stanley, but in Vienna VA. I'm sharing an office with a guy named Jason, who is pretty cool. He's a HUGE football fan. Virginia Tech in particular. One thing I have noticed about living in the south is that everyone loves college football. So far so good at my office. They are a little more flexible with times when I come and go. It doesn't have to be exactly 9 to 5, it can be 8 to 4 or 8:30 to 4:30, which ever I choose. They like us to stay until 4 because that is when the stock market closes, but other than that, it's OK. I like that I can leave a little earlier than before.

As for our apartment, I haven't slept there yet. The water was turned on today, and our bed won't get there until Thursday. Yesterday we made fun Target and Ikea trips. We got a table and 4 chairs for $100.00 from Ikea. I know that seems a little cheap, maybe it will fall apart, but it's fine. We'll only have it for a couple years anyway. We got pots and pans from Target, all sorts of apartment stuff. The place isn't put together at all, we have 2 more chairs and the entertainment stand for the TV to assemble. There are so many little things I need, it all adds up and gets pretty expensive.

Once the apartment gets put together, I'll take some pictures and post them here.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Good luck Kris! You'll be in the apartment before you know it.